Saturday 8 January 2011

Book Review - Plan B What Do You Do When God Doesn’t Show Up the Way You Thought He Would? By Pete Wilson Published by Thomas Nelson

I don't know about you but this last year has not gone exactly as I thought it would or how I would have liked it to. It is during these difficult times that you try to figure out what is going on; the answers are not always forthcoming. When I was given the opportunity to read and review this book for Booksneeze.com, I jumped at the chance hoping it might help me to understand why God does things the way He does.

Pete Wilson uses real life stories of disappointments and tragedy along with stories of biblical heroes such as David, Joseph, and Ruth to help readers face their own situations, which can appear overwhelming. Through them he tries to show us that God is working to help us surrender our plans and to receive His.

I found this to be a practical book for anyone who is stuck in an unexpected situation, wondering if God is still at work and to help them to see that God still loves them, even when it might seem hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment